THOSE WHO DON’T WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT DURING SOCIAL ISOLATION PROCESS HERE!
In recent days, we all prefer to stay at home for the purpose of protection from corona virus. However, how will we maintain our weight in this process when we are restricted in terms of physical activity? Especially because we are bored at home, it can be challenging when we want to eat. It is a fact that we need to eat so that our immunity does not decrease, but how much of what do we need to eat?
In general, it is necessary to stay away from high-power and carbohydrate-containing products such as fried, deep-fried products, pastries, and to pay attention to the diet and portion sizes. The day should start with breakfast, middle meals should not be skipped, and food consumption should be stopped 2 hours before bedtime.
It is useful to avoid shock diets, in the short term, rapid weight loss purposes, unfortunately, can lead to weakening of the immune system, as it is poor in power and protein. Instead, an adequate and stable nutrition model should be applied.
So we won’t be getting any carbohydrates? Of course we will, but we will prefer fibrous ones and complex carbohydrates. Whole wheat bread can be preferred instead of white bread, buckwheat, quinoa or bulgur can be preferred instead of rice pilaf. The importance of vegetable and fruit consumption is quite high, and it is necessary to consume at least 5 portions of vegetables and fruits, which are our basic source of vitamins and minerals.
Photo: Instagram @romeestrijd
The basic building block of the immune system is protein, so it is necessary to pay attention to protein intake. Of course, at this point, we should prefer lean modules when consuming meat, chicken or fish to ensure weight control and we should not add extra oil during cooking. Meat/chicken/fish should be preferred for a main meal of the day. These works, which are rich in other zinc, will also increase our body resistance.
Consuming plenty of water during this process you will spend at home will increase your cell renewal, which will both increase the speed of metabolism and strengthen your immunity.
If we have plenty of time at home, then we have time to prepare our own meals and snacks. In other words, it is time to part ways with ready-made packaged foods. At this point you can prepare various ‘innocent desserts’. Here is an example of a pure and practical dessert for you!
DATE TRUFF RECIPE
– 200 gr. remove the seeds of the date palm,
– Mix 1 tablespoon of cocoa and 1 tablespoon of coconut powder together in a rondo until it reaches a paste-like consistency. (If your dates are too dry, you can soften them with a little milk or water.)
– Shape into walnut-sized balls, cover the outside with blue poppy and cinnamon powder,
– Refrigerate for 1 hour.
– You can consume 2 date truffles with 1 cup of coffee as chocolate.
HOME MADE CHICKEN CHIPES
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil on 200 g of boiled chickpeas,
– ½ teaspoon of cumin, ½ teaspoon of ground red pepper,
– You can also add 1/3 teaspoon of salt, an optional measure of black pepper or chili flakes.
– Mix all the ingredients, lay them on baking paper and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
WRITING :Dietitian Abdullah Mollamamesioglu